My nephew will be getting married soon and on Saturday is the bridal shower. What I plan on bringing to the shower is a dessert – Cream Puff Dessert to be exact.
What I like about the dessert is that it’s easy and also it’s made with stuff around the kitchen that you probably have on hand already!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant vanilla or chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chocolate ice cream topping
- chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- In a large saucepan bring the water and butter to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding mix in a large bowl until smooth. Spread over puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate until serving. Drizzle with the chocolate and sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate leftovers.